Friday, January 4, 2013

The start of something new...

A new year always can make us feel that we have a clean slate; the opportunity to try something different, broaden horizons, take chances. Maybe it is the new wall calendar that makes me feel that way?? Some make resolutions to be healthier, spend less, do more and after many months (okay, like a couple years) of having a stagnant website, we fired up the creativity, got with the 21st century and made the resolution to make our website (and this new blog) a thing of frequent change.
Our hopes are to provide updates to our family, friends and followers on what is happening around the farm and in our lives through words and pictures (I do like to snap some here and there). I am hoping to have some guest contributors from time to time that will also give a little different perspective on things as well. I'm excited already!
My husband will likely keep it more serious and share some news of his veterinary profession and how that relates to us; more specifically the ET (embryo transfer) and IVF ( in-vitro fertilization) world. What is happening there, how we implement it in our program and some things for you to consider as you think about how it may fit into your program. My father in law has been warned that he WILL be contributing as well which I think he is secretly looking forward to. When I told him I wanted to do a blog on the website, I saw that little twinkle in his eye. I told him to getting working on his first post so you will have to check back and see if he completed his homework. He will have some great insight and perspective. I may even work on my mother in law to post something. She is our number one lawn mower, baby sitter, lunch maker, supper maker, breakfast maker, peace maker...I could go on but for sure all of our number one wife, Mom and Grammie.
The first new babies have already hit the ground here at Next Generation Genetics and we are praying for a successful and healthy year of calving without incident. We have mommas here, young and old, that have us excited for the future of our herd and our breeds. But what we find the most exciting is our next generation of cattlemen (and women) that are young and excited about showing and farming. We find excitement and joy in dreaming about how these new babies we anticipate so much could be the start of something new for our next generation too.
Although it seems simple now, we hope it grows into something of entertainment and excitement for anyone who finds it and loves God, family, life on the farm and cattle as much as we do.
Stay tuned . . .

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because now I found yours. Looking forward to your blog posts and photos. Jon, my husband, and I will both be in Denver next Thursday through the weekend. I'll be in the VitaFerm tent, which is in on the edge of Herd Sire Alley. Come stop by!
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal! Look forward to stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete